Stay at the Alba Executive Apartment
How Good Are These City Luxury Apartments in Edinburgh?
Are you considering a stay at the Alba Executive apartments in Edinburgh? These modern and chic apartments offer up to four bedrooms and are situated in the prestigious Grange area of Edinburgh. The apartments are stylish and decorated in contemporary colours with wood flooring and fireplaces in some. But are the Alba Executive Apartments a better choice than other 5 star apartments and hotels close to the city centre? And is it good value for money?
I've read hundreds of reviews from guests who have stayed at the Alba Executive over the years and the following is a clear and unbiased summary of what these guests really thought of their stay at this townhouse apartment.
What's special about the Alba Executive Apartment?
- The apartments are incredibly light and spacious and with up to 4 bedrooms on offer they can comfortably accommodate up to 8 people.
- They are tastefully and stylishly decorated in muted contemporary colours with high ceilings, leather sofas and natural wood floorings.
- The apartments are equipped with everything needed for a comfortable stay, from dishwasher to washer-dryer, a real home from home.
- Location: They are set in private gardens and located in a quiet residential area of Edinburgh, a pleasant 20-minute walk from the centre.
Read discounted room rates.
What do guests really think?
The vast majority of guests absolutely loved the decoration and style of the apartments as well as the independence and freedom that it offers travellers, especially those in large groups.
- Most guests had absolutely nothing negative to say about the apartments and were surprised by the light and spacious accommodation and the high quality furniture and fittings.
- Almost all reviewers would recommend the Alba Executive Apartments or return there for a repeat visit and many said that it exceeded their expectations by far.
- There were very few negative comments about the apartments although a small percentage said that after the initial good impression, there was a lack of attention to detail in the maintenance and cleanliness.
Based on the consistently good reviews of the Alba Executive Apartments, I have no hesitation in recommending them for both short and long term guests. They seem to be ideal for those travelling alone as well as in large parties due to the different sizes of apartments available.
I would not recommend them though for those wishing to be in the very centre or those wishing to be close to the nightlife of Edinburgh, as they are in a quiet residential area. But the apartments seem perfect for any traveller looking for a peaceful and flexible stay in high class accommodation in Edinburgh.
In Depth Review of the Alba Executive Apartments in Edinburgh
Good value, serviced luxury accommodation. Located in peaceful area outside the City Centre.
Average room price per night: £100-£312 ($157-$491)
What is the Alba Executive Apartment like?
These 5-star apartments are extremely stylish and well decorated, and are equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay. They are spacious and well maintained and offer extremely flexible living accommodation for both short and long stays in Edinburgh.
Building and room design
- There are eight apartments in total, with a choice of luxury apartments, apartments, Mews cottages and a renovated nineteenth century coach house.
- The range of accommodation sleeps up to 8 people in the larger luxury apartments, and each apartment has a separate kitchen diner and lounge.
- The apartments are stylish, well-maintained and very spacious, with lots of storage space. They are decorated and furnished to a very high standard and the rooms are light and airy.
- A small minority of reviewers though, said that the apartments were lacking in cleanliness and maintenance, with examples of stained linen and shabby or worn furniture.
- Some guests also said that the apartments were not adequately equipped and that there was a lack of attention to detail, such as mugs and other items being missing and other things being broken.
- The apartments are equipped with the latest technology such as flat-screen TV, DVD player, CD player with CD's and free Wi-Fi.
- A couple of guests mentioned that the heating and hot water was not put on before they arrived, so the rooms were cold and they had no hot water at first.
Staff and level of service
- It does not appear that there is anybody based on-site full time, but they meet and greet guests or leave a key in a safe place for late arrivals. There is somebody available on call and reviewers said that the staff are friendly and helpful with any requests.
- Staff can arrange personal trainers, car valet, dry- cleaning or concierge services on request, such as booking restaurants and theatre tickets.
- There is a minimum 2-night stay applicable.
- There is no restaurant on site, although it is advertised on the Alba Executive Apartments website that the staff can arrange private dining facilities. None of the reviewers mentioned that they had used this though.
- There is a local shop 5-10 minutes away from the apartments where guests can buy food.
Location and parking
- Although a little way out of the centre, the shops, restaurants and attractions can be reached with a 20-minute walk or short bus or taxi ride, and some guests said that it is a pleasant walk into the centre. Most reviewers liked the quiet location although a few would have preferred to be closer to the centre.
- There is a regular bus to Waverly Station which passes close to the apartments and takes 20 minutes.
- There is free parking at the apartments.
- There is a welcome pack of food for new arrivals including wine, milk, bread cereal and other items.
- All of the apartments contain a welcome information pack on where to eat and what to do in Edinburgh and the local area.