Stay at the Atholl Brae Royal Mile Apartment
How Good Is This 4-Star Holiday Apartment in Edinburgh?
Are you considering a stay at the Atholl Brae Royal Mile apartments in Edinburgh? This might be a tempting choice as this 4-star apartment is located just a few steps from the Royal Mile and is a perfect base to see the sights and attractions of Edinburgh. The owner makes her guests feel welcome and at home in this spacious and well maintained apartment. But is this 4-star apartment a better choice than other 4-star hotels or serviced apartments in the city centre and does it represent good value for money?
I've read hundreds of reviews from guests who have stayed at the Atholl Brae Royal Mile over the years and the following is a clear and unbiased summary of what these guests really thought of their stay at this townhouse apartment.
What's special about the Atholl Brae Royal Mile Apartment?
- The owner goes the extra mile to ensure that the Atholl Brae is a home from home for the guests and offers a friendly, warm and helpful service, with plenty of advice on where to eat and visit.
- There is a thoughtful welcome food hamper for new guests containing the basics as well as shortbread and cava.
- The apartment offers families and groups travelling together the flexibility and independence that just cannot be found in a hotel.
- Location: It is situated in a peaceful cobbled street just off the Royal Mile, away from the hustle and bustle of the centre and yet very close to all the amenities and restaurants.
Read discounted room rates.
What do guests really think?
There were very few reviews available of the Atholl Brae Royal Mile, but without exception the reviewers were very complimentary about their stay there.
- They loved the location so close to the Royal Mile which means that the shops and restaurants of the centre are literally on the doorstep.
- Most reviewers were extremely pleased that such a centrally located apartment offers free of charge secure parking.
- All reviewers enjoyed their stay at the Atholl Brae and many said that they would return or recommend it to others.
- Many guests felt that their stay represented excellent value for money and moreover they felt that the Atholl Brae was, for them, a real home from home.
- Many reviewers said that their stay had exceeded their expectations and described their stay as 'fantastic' and 'terrific'.
Although there were relatively few reviews on the Atholl Brae, they are very positive and apart from a couple of very minor points, no-one had a bad word to say about the apartments or the service. I therefore have no hesitation in recommending this apartment, especially those travelling in groups of 4 to 6 and with children.
In Depth Review of the Atholl Brae Royal Mile Apartment in Edinburgh
Good value serviced accommodation, sleeps up to 6. Located on the Royal Mile in the Old Town.
Average room price per night: £119-£249 ($187-$391)
What is the Atholl Brae Royal Mile Apartment like?
The Atholl Brae Royal Mile is just one single apartment set in a modern luxury development and overlooking a peaceful courtyard. The apartment can accommodate up to 6 adults plus a baby cot.
Building and room design
- The one apartment has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a lounge with leather sofas and a living effect fire and a fully equipped kitchen with dining area. It is centrally-heated throughout.
- The apartment is equipped with the latest technology such as TV, freeview, TV recorder, CD player and iPod dock. Free Wi-Fi is available.
- The kitchen has everything needed for a comfortable stay such as fridge/freezer, oven, microwave and washer dryer.
- All reviewers who commented on the state of the apartment agreed that it is very well-maintained and clean, with everything in working order.
Staff and level of service
- A very personal service is offered by the owners, who go out of their way to offer guests a comfortable stay.
- They are available when needed and offer advice to the guests on restaurants and local attractions.
- Many guests personally thanked the owner in their review for her assistance and helpfulness.
- There are no dining facilities but plenty of restaurants and bars are to be found a 2-minute walk away.
- The Atholl Brae Royal Mile is non-smoking and pets are not allowed.
- There seems to be a 2-night minimum stay on certain dates.
Location and parking
- The apartment is a 2-minute walk away from the Royal Mile, a 6-minute walk from Princes Street and a 3-minute walk from Waverley Station.
- There is free of charge secure parking available (a refundable deposit is required for the remote) which was appreciated by many guests.
- A welcome hamper is left for new guests containing tea, coffee, milk, short bread and sparkling wine.
- Flowers are laid out on the pillow to welcome new guests.