Stay at the Chester Residence Apartment
How Good Is This Stylish Luxury Apartment in Edinburgh?
Are you considering a stay at the Chester Residence Apartments in Edinburgh? You will not be alone as these serviced apartments offer chic and luxurious accommodation with all the mod cons and were voted one of the top 25 hotels in Europe by Tripadvisor. But is Chester Residence a better choice than other 5 star luxury hotels or serviced apartments close to the city centre? And is it good value for money?
I've read hundreds of reviews from guests who have stayed at the Chester Residence over the years and the following is a clear and unbiased summary of what these guests really thought of their stay at this townhouse apartment.
What's special about the Chester Residence Apartment?
- It offers spacious and luxurious serviced accommodation and is equipped with the latest technology including pre-loaded iPods and plasma TVs.
- The staff are welcoming and determined to ensure that the guests enjoy their stay. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and relaxed despite the chic surroundings.
- Nothing seems to have been forgotten to ensure that the guests have everything they need for the perfect stay, from a well-stocked fridge to scented candles.
- Location:The Chester Residence is located in a quiet area of the West End of Edinburgh, a 10-minute walk from the shops and restaurants of Princes Street.
Read discounted room rates.
What do guests really think?
The reviews of the Chester Residence were overwhelmingly positive, and most guests were surprised at the luxurious and spacious accommodation as well as the incredible attention to detail. Although the Chester Residence is quite expensive accommodation, most reviewers felt that it was excellent value for money.
- The apartments are luxuriously and stylishly decorated, and equipped with the latest technology.
- Many guests described the Chester Residence as faultless or the best accommodation they had ever stayed in. It far exceeded the expectations of many of the reviewers.
- There were many reviewers who were surprised by and appreciated all the extra little touches provided by the Chester Residence (such as scented candles, loaded iPod and the weekly drinks party hosted by the manager).
I have no hesitation in recommending the Chester Residence as an excellent place to stay in Edinburgh thanks to the overwhelming positive recommendations from guests. Although luxurious and fitted out to an extremely high specification, the Chester Residence provides accommodation where guests can feel relaxed and at home.
The Chester Residence seems especially suited for those looking for a romantic break in Edinburgh as well as for business people on an extended visit or families or groups travelling together (including those with children).
Although these serviced apartments are quite expensive, they certainly seem to be worth the money. Guests with less mobility should ask for one of the ground floor rooms as there is no lift in the building.
In Depth Review of the Chester Residence Serviced Accommodation in Edinburgh
Luxury apartment with many extras and nice touches. Located in the quiet West End of Edinburgh.
Average room price per night: £165-£298 ($259-$468)
What is the Chester Residence Apartment like?
The Chester Residence apartments are made up of 4 Georgian townhouses in the West End of Edinburgh and are decorated to an extremely high standard. There seems to be an incredible attention to the detail and quality of the accommodation. There are also many nice touches to make guests feel pampered and comfortable. Overall, these luxury apartments stand out from the crowd as offering first class accommodation and service.
Building and room design
- The 19 apartments offer a range of spacious and stylish accommodation decorated in modern muted colours with either one or two bedrooms and up to three bathrooms. There is also a lounge and dining area and a well equipped kitchen.
- Some of the apartments have direct access to an external courtyard or garden while the upper storey accommodation has stunning views over Edinburgh.
- The vast majority of reviewers agreed that the apartments are extremely well maintained, modern and spotlessly clean.
- Some reviewers, especially those staying in the Penthouse Suite (which is four floors up), mentioned that there is no lift due to planning restrictions. This might make some of the rooms less suitable for disabled or elderly people or for families with pushchairs.
- However, other guests felt that the quality of the rooms and the stunning views offered by some of the upper floor rooms over the Firth of Forth or Edinburgh Castle were well worth the climb.
- The guest rooms are equipped with the latest technology such as plasma TV, a pre-loaded iPod, Sky TV, DVD player and an integrated sound system.
- Even the bathrooms are equipped with underfloor heating, plasma TV and surround sound which was appreciated by many guests.
- Some reviewers however felt that the state of the art gadgets were very difficult to use and would have liked better instructions on how to use them. A couple of people mentioned that the Sky TV was not working.
- The kitchens are equipped with fridge, microwave, dishwasher and oven as well as all the utensils a guest might need during their stay.
Staff and level of service
- The reviewers were extremely happy with the level of service provided by the staff at the Chester Residence. They felt that they seemed to go that extra mile to ensure that the guests are comfortable and have everything that they need for a wonderful stay.
- The staff give new guests a tour of their apartment to ensure that they are familiar with the facilities and assist them with anything they need during their stay.
- The manager also makes the effort to speak to guests personally and hosts a complimentary drinks party once a week to greet guests, which was appreciated by many as a special touch.
- In room dining is available using locally sourced organic ingredients, featuring their Naked Menu which details the complete history of each ingredient used.
- A continental breakfast is supplied each day using organic ingredients and free-range eggs which was appreciated by many of the reviewers.
- Chester Residence also provides a supermarket service for delivery to the apartments.
- There is a resident's lounge where guests can enjoy complementary hot drinks and an honesty bar.
Location and parking
- The Chester Residence apartments are situated about 800m from Princes Street (about a 10-minute walk away). It is a 20-minute walk from Edinburgh Castle. Whilst most reviewers were happy with the location, some felt that it was a bit far from the city centre.
- Car parking is available however it is strictly limited and should be booked in advance. Some felt that it was too expensive.
- These serviced apartments are a 5-minute walk from Haymarket train station.
- The Chester Residence can arrange a chargeable transfer from the airport or train station upon request.
- There is a two night minimum stay during August and on Rugby weekends, and a three night minimum stay over New Year.
The Chester Residence offers so many nice touches it is difficult to list them all, but here are a few:
- Complimentary WiFi and use of a Sony PSP with games as well as a pre-loaded iPod.
- The hotel asks guests in advance if they need a grocery shop so that it's waiting for them on arrival.
- There is a complimentary drinks party in the lounge once a week for all guests.
- Jo Malone candles in the apartments and scent sprayed onto the light bulbs for that perfect ambience.
- There is a Nespresso coffee machine in the kitchen for coffee lovers and even the freezers are fully stocked with ice.
- The Chester Residence is child friendly and offers Chester teddy bear to children on arrival.