Coach Travel around Scotland from Edinburgh or Glasgow
Times and Tickets for Bus Routes in Scotland
Updated September 2011
How to get from and to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee? When do the first and last buses leave? How much does the bus ticket cost? Where can you buy £1 Mega bus tickets and National Express funfare tickets in Scotland? Is there a night service? How long does it take? How much cheaper is going by bus compared to travelling by train? Answers to these questions and more for the routes below:
Tickets and times for Megabus/Scottish Citylink bus services between Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth.
Edinburgh bus routes
- Edinburgh to Glasgow / Glasgow to Edinburgh bus (also includes information on night services)
- Edinburgh to Glasgow Airport / Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh bus
- Edinburgh to Aberdeen / Aberdeen to Edinburgh bus
- Edinburgh to Inverness / Inverness to Edinburgh bus
- Edinburgh to Dundee / Dundee to Edinburgh bus
- Edinburgh to Perth / Perth to Edinburgh bus
Glasgow bus routes
- Glasgow to Edinburgh Airport / Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow bus
- Glasgow to Aberdeen / Aberdeen to Glasgow bus
- Glasgow to Inverness / Inverness to Glasgow bus
- Glasgow to Dundee / Dundee to Glasgow bus
- Glasgow to Perth / Perth to Glasgow bus
Edinburgh and Glasgow with National Express to Instant timetables and tickets
Travel with Stagecoach Megabus buses
All of Scotland's major towns and cities are served by coaches, the majority of which are run by the Megabus.com / Stagecoach partnership. The joint venture operate an extensive network of long distance express bus services covering up to 20 routes within Scotland.
You can travel with Mega Bus UK to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Perth, Stirling and other Scottish towns and pay only a £1 bus fare (known as super single tickets). These tickets are only available online and must be booked in advance.
Megabus Scotland from London - Cheap travel with Megabus from London to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee.
Scottish Citylink only coaches
Citylink also link the urban areas of Edinburgh and Glasgow to the Highlands and Islands. There are direct buses to:
- Oban (from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee),
- Fort William (from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Oban),
- Skye (from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Fort William),
NOTE: some services may be summer only.
The coaches are comfortable, clean and tickets are cheaper than train tickets.
Travel with National Express coaches
National Express coaches operate the main London to Scotland routes (London to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Inverness). You can travel with National Express within Scotland on the following routes:
- Glasgow to Edinburgh / Edinburgh to Glasgow
- Glasgow to Aberdeen / Glasgow to Aberdeen
- Glasgow to Inverness / Glasgow to Inverness
Coach Tickets and Timetables
You can buy Megabus coach tickets online or you can buy them from the bus stations in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness or Glasgow but you can only buy super single bus fares (very cheap tickets) online.
Tickets for bus services to Fort William, Oban or Skye are only available with Scottish Citylink.
You can buy National Express coach tickets online or you can buy them from the bus stations in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness or Glasgow but you can only buy funfare coach tickets (very cheap tickets) online.
Scottish Citylink/Megabus Scotland buses
Official Website: Megabus
Phone: +44 (0) 1738 639 095
Official Website: Scottish Citylink
Phone: +44 (0) 8705 505 050
Official Website: National Express
Phone: +44 (0) 8717 818 178