Coach Travel to Edinburgh in Scotland
Get Coach Tickets - The Cheapest Way to Get to Edinburgh
Updated September 2011
You can travel to Edinburgh on a tight budget from £12 for longer journeys (such as the London to Edinburgh route) or from as little as £1 (super single fares) for shorter journeys (such as the Glasgow to Edinburgh route). Coaches are the cheapest way to travel to and from Edinburgh from other places in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland, though not always the quickest.
Coaches to and from Edinburgh - Instant timetables and tickets
Tickets and times for Megabus/Scottish Citylink bus services between Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth.
Coach/bus operators to/from Edinburgh
- National Express - The most popular coach operator for getting from London to Scotland (to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Inverness) with funfare tickets starting at £12 one-way.
- Megabus/Citylink - Super single fares from £1. Connects Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee. Operates in Scotland in partnership with Scottish Citylink.
- Eurolines - Best for coach connections to Europe, particularly Belfast. The Eurolines Pass can also be used for the London - Edinburgh route.
You will find that Edinburgh has excellent countrywide coach links to the rest of Scotland and the UK and fairly good Eurolines links to some places in Europe (like Ireland and Northern Ireland). All coaches leave from St Andrews Bus Station located in Edinburgh City Centre, the services are extremely frequent, they run 7 days a week and you have a choice between daytime or overnight coach travel.
But to benefit from the best possible deal, you must book your coach tickets online. This is particularly important with Megabus, the low-cost coach operator. Use the journey planner below to find the cheapest tickets for your route:
There are a number of large and small coach and bus operators that you can take to get to and from Edinburgh and Glasgow to other places in Scotland and the UK. National Express and Megabus/Scottish CityLink often offer the cheapest bus tickets but how do you know that there isn't another operator with cheaper fares for a particular route? I've done the legwork and for each coach route to and from Scotland I've found the cheapest possible bus tickets:
Cheap Coach Tickets and Times for the Following Scotland Routes:
Edinburgh routes to/from
To/from Edinburgh Airport
- Dundee - Edinburgh Airport
- Inverness - Edinburgh Airport
- Aberdeen - Edinburgh Airport
- Perth - Edinburgh Airport