Stay at the Elmview, one of Edinburgh's highest rated bed and breakfast accommodation
Updated September 2011
Elmview is a luxury guest house in Edinburgh which gets consistently glowing reviews from guests. It is centrally located in a delightful Victorian terrace within walking distance of Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street. Elmview B&B has been successfully run by Nici and Robin Hill since 2004 and they have a reputation as being very good hosts, very welcoming and friendly and they usually think of everything, including of giving excellent recommendations of restaurants and things to do and see in Edinburgh. While Elmview is not a hotel, it can certainly rival many of the Edinburgh City Centre hotels in terms of location, comfort, personal attention and luxury. Many guests agree that Elmview feels like a home away from home.
Elmview Room Rates for 2009
The prices below are per person per night based on two people sharing a bedroom at Elmview bed and breakfast. Where there is only one occupant, Elmview offers a discount of £20 from the standard room price. The rooms are spacious, cosy, yet luxuriously decorated. See below for full list of room facilities.
- 1 Apr - 30 June 2009 (Low Season) - £47.50 per person per night
- 1 July - 31 July 2009 (Mid Season) - £50.00 per person per night
- 1 August - 31 August 2009 (High Season) - £60.00 per person per night
- 1 September - 30 September 2009 (Mid Season) - £50.00 per person per night
- 1 October - 30 November 2009 (Low Season) - £47.50 per person per night
Closed 1 December 2009 - Monday 15 March 2010
Location of bed and breakfast relative to Edinburgh City Centre
Elmview is half a mile from Princes Street, Edinburgh Castle, the Old Town and the City Centre attractions. It is located on the fringes of the lovely West Meadow Park and offers an unusual view of the Castle. There is also a free pitch and putt golf course/park across the street in the Meadows.
Elmview Bed & Breakfast
15 Glengyle Terrace
Edinburgh City Centre
Breakfast at Elmview guest house
A full Scottish breakfast is included in the accommodation price. Breakfast is served at a large, family table which encourages you to chat and interact with the other guests, which makes for an excellent start to the day.
The breakfast which receives outstanding reviews from guests is basically a three course feast and is different every day. It can include fresh fruit, pastries, salmon/haddock, traditional haggis/vegeterian haggis, eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, as well as many of the traditional Scottish breakfast treats etc.
- Ensuite bathroom (toilet, washbasin, shower cubicle and heated towel rail)
- Direct dial telephones
- Secure Wi-Fi access to broad-band internet for wireless-enabled laptop computer users
- CD player/radio alarm
- Fresh flowers
- Tea/coffee making facilities and refrigerator with 1 pint of fresh milk
- Colour TV/VCR with remote control
- Hair dryer and ironing centre
- Personal digital safe
- Complimentary breakfast - served between 8.00-8.45am
- Your own front door key
- Check-in is by arrangement and check-out is by 10am.
Elmview is a AA approved 5 red diamonds bed and breakfast which comes with a Highly Recommended rating. It also has a 3 AA Egg Cups awarded for its fantastic full Scottish breakfasts. Elmview is also the winner of TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice 2009 in the Best Inns & B&Bs category.
Pets and Children
Unfortunately, Elmview bed and breakfast does not cater for children or pets.
Elmview guest house used to have limited private off-street parking but that is no longer the case. There are various car parking options including on-street car parking in Glengyle Terrace, free street parking within a mile from the bed and breakfast and several car parks in the area.