Stay at the Knight Residence Apartment
How Good Is This Modern Luxury Apartment in Edinburgh?
Are you considering a stay at the Knight Residence apartments in Edinburgh? You might be tempted as these 5-star apartments are extremely well equipped, spacious and decorated to a very high quality. Voted the Number 1 Hotel in Europe by Expedia in 2008, the hospitality is second to none and the staff go out of their way to make the guests feel valued. But are these 5-star apartments a better choice than other 5-star hotels or serviced apartments in the centre and will they live up to your expectations?
I've read hundreds of reviews from guests who have stayed at the Knight Residence over the years and the following is a clear and unbiased summary of what these guests really thought of their stay at this townhouse apartment.
What's special about the Knight Residence Apartment?
- The apartments offer top quality accommodation, with spacious clean living areas decorated to a very high standard.
- The staff offer an extremely high level of service and go that extra mile to ensure that the guests enjoy their stay.
- There are many nice touches and extras offered to the guests such as a large welcome pack of food and free Wi-Fi and parking.
- The Knight Residence is equipped with all the necessary amenities to ensure that the guests have a comfortable stay, a real home from home.
- Location: Good central location near the Grassmarket, the Edinburgh College of Art and the Conference Centre.
Read discounted room rates.
What do guests really think?
The vast majority of the reviewers loved their stay at the Knight Residence and agreed that it exceeded their expectations.
- They loved the spacious, spotlessly clean apartments with everything needed for a comfortable stay in Edinburgh.
- Many reviewers were surprised at the high level of service and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.
- A small percentage of reviewers thought that the apartments needed updating although this did not seem to detract from the enjoyment of their stay.
- They loved all the little extras included in the price such as Wi-Fi, Arran Aromatics toiletries, secure parking and the generous welcome pack of food.
Due to the extremely positive reviews of the Knight Residence I have no hesitation in recommending that you consider staying here during your trip to Edinburgh. Due to the facilities it seems especially suited for families (including those with small children), groups of people and business travellers.
In Depth Review of the Knight Residence Apartments in Edinburgh
Spacious 5-star holiday apartments. Located near the Grassmarket and the financial district.
Average room price per night: £95-£207 ($149-$325)
What is the Knight Residence Apartment like?
The Knight Residence offers high quality and comfortable accommodation in a quiet area of Edinburgh. It was started by the Mr Knight, a frequent traveller who wanted to provide a comfortable home for home for travellers. Although not a cheap alternative, the Knight Residence seems to offer excellent value for money, especially for those in larger groups, as compared to staying in a 5-star hotel.
Building and room design
- The Knight Residence offers apartments with 1 to 3 bedrooms, with lounge, dining area and kitchen. The apartments are classified as either 'Comfort' or 'Superior'.
- The Superior apartments have more amenities such as mist free mirror and music speakers in the bathroom.
- The rooms contain everything needed for a comfortable stay such as Sky TV (with sports channels), DVD player and a fully equipped kitchen with full size oven and fridge-freezer. Even detergent for the dishwasher and washer dryer is included.
- The apartments are spacious and modern, and are cleaned to a high standard. A few reviewers thought that the rooms needed up-dating, although this did not seem to be a major problem during their stay.
- Some reviewers agreed that the rooms were extremely quiet and enjoyed sound-proofing whereas others said that the apartments were quite noisy and that they could hear sounds from the street and neighbouring rooms. It would seem that the 1 bedroom apartments at the front might be noisier than the 2-bedroom apartments at the back.
Staff and level of service
- The Knight residence seems to really come into its own on the level of service provided as many reviewers said that the service is second to none.
- The staff take the time to show new guests personally around the apartments and ensure that they know how to find and use everything.
- The apartments are serviced daily and many guests agreed that the apartments are spotlessly clean. The service is not available at the weekend though, which some guests who were staying during this period were not happy about.
- Many reviewers mentioned the duty managers by name as having been incredibly helpful over and above their expectations.
- There are no dining facilities on site but there are some supermarkets a 2-minute walk away from the Knight Residence and many pubs and restaurants in the near vicinity.
- A comprehensive welcome pack containing cereal, orange juice, milk and other essentials is provided and many reviewers said that this exceeded their expectations.
- The Knight Residence is very child friendly - there is a large selection of DVD's available for rental at a reasonable price, and there are children's plates and utensils in the cupboard. Young guests are even given a teddy and there is also a complimentary travel toiletry pack for babies.
- There are no minimum nights required to stay at the Knights Residence.
- There are secretarial services available as well as Wi-Fi and other business services making it a good choice for business travellers.
Location and parking
- The Knight Residence is located in a quiet area of Edinburgh a 15-minute walk from Princes Street and a 5-minute walk from Grassmarket.
- There are some lap dancing clubs and an adult shop in the same road. Most guests said that this had no effect on the enjoyment of their stay, although this may not be ideal for elderly people or single female travellers.
- There is free of charge secure parking which many guests appreciated, although a couple of guests recommended using a Sat Nav as the apartments are quite hard to find due to the one way streets in the area.
- Works of local artists and sculptors are on display throughout the apartments which guests can purchase and have delivered to their home after they leave.
- The complimentary welcome pack of food for all new guests.
- As well as complimentary Wi-Fi there is a PC located on each floor which guests can use free of charge.
- Guests can pre-order specific DVD's to be in their room when they arrive.