Stay at a Luxury Hotel in Central Edinburgh
Which 4-Star and 5-Star Edinburgh Hotels Have Health and Wellness Facilities?
Save up to 75% on
Spa Hotels in Edinburgh
There are only a handful of four and five star spa hotels in Edinburgh and fortunately, most of them are located in the City Centre. They are the ideal choice for a truly relaxing and luxurious stay in Edinburgh. But which is the best hotel with spa in Edinburgh?
All of these luxury hotels with spas receive consistently positive reviews. The health facilities are considered to be spotlessly clean and well maintained. The treatments are also very much in demand so it pays to pre-book.
In terms of quality of the hotel accommodation, the Balmoral Hotel is the best rated luxury hotel with a spa in this list, followed by the Caledonian Hilton hotel. While the Sheraton probably has the best spa in the city, as a luxury hotel, it is considered to be a little dated and in need of refurbishment.
All 5 Star Hotels with Spa in Edinburgh
- The historic Balmoral Hotel on Princes Street has an excellent spa which was voted Scotland's Top Urban Day Spa in Conde Nast Traveller's 2008 Readers' Spa Awards. The Balmoral Spa has a Finnish sauna, a Turkish steam room and a candle-lit Relaxation Suite.
- The Sheraton Grand located in Festival Square in the West End has a world-class spa. The One Spa at the Sheraton is one of the most advanced city spas in the world, it incorporates an indoor swimming pool, 17 treatment rooms and a thermal suite, as well as a stainless steel rooftop hydro pool offering spectacular views over Edinburgh.
- The Caledonian Hilton hotel, located at the West End of Princes Street has the LivingWell Health Club which includes the Ocean Rooms Spa (offering a wide range of luxury treatments) as well as jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- The Scotsman located on North Bridge, very close to Princes Street, has an extensive spa and health centre including seven treatment rooms, sauna, steam room and tropicarium.
Which 4-Star Edinburgh Hotels Have a Spa
There are also several four-star hotels with a spa in Edinburgh City Centre:
- Apex Waterloo Place close to Princes Street - Yu Spa with sauna and Technogym.
- Radisson Blu SAS - on the Royal Mile - Spa offers aromatherapy massages, facials and Reiki.
- MacDonald Roxburghe Hotel in the New Town, a short walk to Princes Street - Spa with sauna, steam room, offering different types of massages and beauty treatments.
- Barcelo Carlton Hotel on North Bridge, close to both the Old Town and Princes Street - Luxury spa pool, sauna and steam room.
- Apex International Hotel in the Grassmarket, a short walk from the Royal Mile - Yu Time Spa with tropicarium and Technogym.
- MacDonald Holyrood Hotel at the foot of the Royal Mile - Vital Health and Wellbeing Club offering different treatments and massages.