Bus from Perth to Edinburgh Airport
Cheapest way to get from Edinburgh Airport to Perth by bus
Updated September 2011
Planning to travel from Mega Bus UK buses. The journey usually only takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes depending on the departure slot. Travelling from Perth to Edinburgh Airport (EDI) by bus is the cheapest and most convenient way, with fares as low as £5.25 for a single journey plus a booking fee of £0.50. Having looked at various dates over the next couple of months:
- The cheapest tickets we could find was £5.25 for a single ticket although the cheapest tickets are limited in number and you are advised to book well ahead to be able to take advantage of the best prices.
- If the cheapest fares are all sold out and if you book at shorter notice, we found prices between £10.25 and £15.25 for a single ticket on the dates we checked.
- Although Megabus do offer cheap fares of £1 on some routes, the Perth to Edinburgh Airport bus service is not included in this price band.
Tickets and times for Megabus UK/Scottish Citylink bus services between Edinburgh Airport and Perth.
Why Travel by Bus to Edinburgh Airport from Perth Instead of Train?
This is a very straightforward question as it is both cheaper and more convenient to travel from Perth to Edinburgh Airport by bus.
Quite simply, it is much easier to travel from Perth to Edinburgh Airport or vice versa by bus than train as there is no train station at Edinburgh Airport. If you even think about getting there by train, it actually takes longer as you have to travel from Perth to one of the central Edinburgh train stations and then take the Airlink 100 bus which leaves every 10 or 20 minutes and takes around half an hour.
As well as being faster, it is also cheaper to travel between Perth and Edinburgh Airport by Megabus.com buses than by train. The cheapest Off-Peak return train ticket from Perth (PTH) to Edinburgh Haymarket (HYM) or Edinburgh Waverley (EDB) costs around £20 and takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Added to this is the price of the bus ticket from the train station in Edinburgh to Edinburgh airport at £3.50 for a single journey or £6 return.
Bus Times from Perth to Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
The bus route from Perth to Edinburgh Airport and Edinburgh Airport to Perth is a fairly frequent direct service with buses leaving from Perth (Broxden Park and Ride) or Edinburgh Airport roughly every hour or two hours depending on the time of day. Megabus/Citylink operate a daytime and evening direct bus service but there are no night buses operating from Perth to Edinburgh Airport.
Buses depart from and arrive at Perth (Broxden Park + Ride) and Edinburgh Airport.
Megabus/Citylink Perth Buses to Edinburgh Airport
Bus Times from Perth to Edinburgh Airport (day/evening buses)
|From Perth (Broxden Park + Ride)||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|First bus to Edinburgh Airport||08:40||08:40||08:40||08:40||08:40||08:40||08:40||Book Mega Bus Ticket|
|Last bus to Edinburgh Airport||21:15||21:15||21:15||21:15||21:15||21:15||21:15||Book Mega Bus Ticket|
Bus Times from Edinburgh Airport to Perth (day/evening buses)
|From Edinburgh Airport||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|First bus to Perth (Broxden Park + Ride)||
|08:30||08:30||08:30||08:30||08:15||10:15||Book Mega Bus Ticket|
|Last bus to Perth (Broxden Park + Ride)||20:45||20:45||20:45||20:45||20:45||20:45||20:45||Book Mega Bus Ticket|
NOTE: the schedule of buses may change without notice. Please double check with Megabus.com for the latest travel times for getting to Perth or Airport in Edinburgh.
First and last buses from Perth to Edinburgh Airport operated by Megabus.com
Buses usually run every hour or every two hours throughout the day, although you should check the bus timetable as this depends on the time of day.
The first bus leaves Perth at 08:40 every morning and arrives at Edinburgh Airport at approx. 09:55 in the morning
The last bus departs at 21:15 every evening, arriving at Edinburgh Airport at around 22:40 in the evening.
There are no night buses from Perth to Edinburgh Airport, so this service might not be suitable if you have a very early morning flight so you might have to consider staying in Edinburgh overnight, preferably in one of the airport hotels.
First and last direct buses from Edinburgh Airport to Perth
Buses generally run every hour or every two hours during the day, although bus times are less frequent in the early morning and late afternoon and early evening.
The first direct bus leaves Edinburgh Airport at 08:30 in the morning, reaching Perth at 09:45 in the morning except on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday the first bus leaves Edinburgh Airport a little earlier at 08:15 reaching Perth at approx. 09:45 am.
On a Sunday the first bus leaves Edinburgh Airport at 10:15, reaching Perth at around 11:45 in the morning.
The last bus leaves Edinburgh Airport at 20:45 every evening, arriving in Perth at around 21:55 in the evening.
There are no night buses from Edinburgh Airport to Perth.
How long does it take to get from Perth (Broxden Park + Ride) to Edinburgh Airport by bus?
The journey takes from 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes.
How much does the bus ticket from Perth (Broxden Park + Ride) to Edinburgh Airport cost?
You can buy your Megabus (Scottish Citylink) bus ticket online.
- All fares for the Megabus/Citylink Inverness to Edinburgh Airport route are calculated by adding the price of two single tickets together, there is no discount for a return journey. The only benefit of buying a return journey is that you only pay for the £0.50 reservation fee once.
- The cheapest tickets that we could find for this route were £5.25 for a single ticket plus a booking fee of £0.50, but tickets at this low price are limited and you are unlikely to find this price at short notice.
- We had a look at various dates over the coming couple of months and the standard fare costs between £10.25 and £15.25,depending on how far in advance the ticket is booked. Prices increase as the departure date gets closer.
- Free concession tickets are available for any elderly and disabled people who hold an Entitlement Card.
- Discounted student fares are available for holders of the National Union of Students (NUS) Extra card.
The cheapest tickets that we could find at £5.25 are strictly limited, so it pays to book as far in advance as possible for travel at peak times such as bank holidays, half-term, Christmas holidays and the Easter holidays.
Where does the bus between Perth and Edinburgh Airport stop?
The Megabus/Citylink buses leaves Perth (Broxden Park + Ride), with stops at Kinross and Inverkeithing before arriving at Edinburgh Airport.
Where do the buses leave from?
The Megabus/Scottish Citylink buses travelling between Perth and Edinburgh Airport leave from the following locations:
Perth - Broxden Park + Ride
The direct bus service from Perth to Edinburgh Airport does not leave from the centre of Perth, but from Broxden Park + Ride which is on the Glasgow Road approach to Perth adjacent to the Broxden roundabout. If you are travelling from the centre of Perth, you can use the Perth Park + Ride service to meet the bus at Broxden by paying a separate fare or by booking a through travel ticket on Megabus.com. If you are driving to Broxden Park + Ride, Perth and Kinross Council advise on their website that Mega Bus UK passengers parking at the site should use the upper level of the car park.
Address of Edinburgh Airport
Tel: +44 (0) 844 481 8989 (general enquiries) or
Tel: +44 (0) 871 200 2233 (Traveline Scotland)
(Phone numbers as per Edinburgh Airport official website)
Buses stop on the terminal forecourt outside of the main entrance.
Save up to 75% on Edinburgh and Perth Accommodation
Edinburgh Airport Hotels
Find Edinburgh hotels near the Airport and last minute accommodation deals.
Perth Hotels and Apartments
Find good Perth hotels and late availability accommodation deals.
» Back to Edinburgh Coach Travel guide index
All Edinburgh coach travel articles:
- See the articles below for more information on travelling by bus or coach to and from Edinburgh.
- Coach tickets and discounts Where to buy cheap coach tickets online and available discounts.
- St Andrew's Square Bus Station Description of coach station in Edinburgh's St. Andrew's Square and walking directions.
- Edinburgh - London by coach Cheap way to get from London to Edinburgh and return is by National Express coach. Travel by day or take the overnight coach.
- National Express Funfare tickets Where to buy cheap funfare tickets for National Express coach routes to Scotland.
- Megabus coach tickets Where to buy cheap coach tickets for Megabus bus routes to Scotland from London and within Scotland.
- Eurolines tickets to Edinburgh How to travel with Eurolines to Edinburgh via London.
- Bus from Edinburgh to Glasgow Airport Getting to Glasgow Airport from Edinburgh City Centre by bus.
- Bus from Glasgow to Edinburgh Airport Getting to Edinburgh Airport from Glasgow City Centre by bus.
- Coaches between Edinburgh and Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Perth Tickets and bus times for popular bus routes within Scotland from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth with Megabus/Scottish Citylink or NX.
- Around Edinburgh by coach Information on coach travel from Edinburgh to the Scottish Borders and Fife.
- Unirider Student Bus Pass Guide Where to buy discounted students passes for bus travel in Scotland.
- Bus routes to and from Edinburgh
- Glasgow - Edinburgh by Bus
- Aberdeen - Edinburgh by Bus
- Inverness - Edinburgh by Bus
- Dundee - Edinburgh by Bus
- Perth - Edinburgh by Bus
- Belfast - Edinburgh by coach and ferry
- Birmingham - Edinburgh by coach
- Bristol - Edinburgh by coach
- Cardiff - Edinburgh by coach
- Leeds - Edinburgh by coach
- Manchester - Edinburgh by coach
- Newcastle - Edinburgh by coach
- York - Edinburgh by coach
- Dublin - Edinburgh by coach
- Bus transfer to and from Edinburgh Airport