Stay in an Apartment on or near Royal Mile in Edinburgh
Which Holiday Apartments are nearest to Royal Mile in Edinburgh City Centre?
Save up to 75% on
Royal Mile Accommodation in Edinburgh
The Royal Mile is one of Edinburgh's most popular and bustling tourist areas, full of shops and restaurants. It is made up of several streets, starting at Edinburgh Castle and finishing up at Holyrood Palace. It includes Castle Esplanade, Castlehill, Lawnmarket, High Street, Canongate and Abbey Strand and no trip to Edinburgh should be without at least one visit to this atmospheric stretch.
Due to its popularity, many visitors choose to stay on or near the Royal Mile and one popular option is self-catering apartments. These offer more flexibility than a hotel and are great for families who need more than one bedroom or for people staying in Edinburgh on extended stays.
The apartments have separate lounge and kitchen areas and many of them are well-equipped with oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. You can choose to eat out at one of the many nearby restaurants or cook for yourself. Many offer excellent facilities such as Freeview TV, DVD players and free Wi-Fi which is great for keeping the kids entertained. There are surprisingly many self-catering apartments either near or directly on the Royal Mile. Many have views directly onto the Royal Mile, while others are in slightly quieter locations, so you should be able to find what you are looking for.
Check availability for all accommodation in Edinburgh
Which apartments are the closest to Royal Mile? Read on.
Which Apartments are Closest to Royal Mile?
Other holiday apartments on the Royal Mile
- Pillowstops offer holiday apartments on the Lawnmarket and the High Street, both on the Royal Mile. There are 1 and 2-bedroom apartments available, both with incredible views directly onto the Royal Mile. A welcome hamper is provided to all guests and parking is available a 5-minute drive away.
- Edinburgh Premier Self-Catering Apartments is a 2-bedroom furnished apartment located at 457 Lawnmarket on the Royal Mile. The owners offers a starter pack of food to all guests.
- The Royal Mile apartments is a series of apartments on or near the Royal Mile, the largest of which can sleep up to 10 people. Some are decorated in a traditional design while others are more contemporary.
- The 3-star Anne House Apartments are 2-bedroom apartments situated just off the High Street. They offer a welcome pack, Wi-Fi and limited parking.
- The House by the Royal Mile is a townhouse located 60 metres from the Royal Mile at Old Tolbooth Wynd. There are three bedrooms and an internal garage for secure parking.
- Greatbase are a company with apartments all around Edinburgh, including 3 on the Royal Mile.
- Apartments by Castle are located in Johnston Terrace, close to the top of the Royal Mile, with views over Edinburgh Castle.
Conclusion - Staying in rental apartments on Royal Mile
There is a wide variety of self-catering and serviced apartments close to or overlooking the Royal Mile. Some are single private apartments which are rented out by the owner while others, such as the Royal Mile Residence and Holyrood apartHOTEL, are suites of apartments with excellent facilities.
When choosing an apartment in Edinburgh bear in mind that while those directly on the Royal Mile offer great views, some of them can be noisy. Most of the apartments near the Royal Mile offer all the comforts and equipment you would expect in your own home and offer a far more relaxed and flexible stay in Edinburgh compared to hotels.
Looking for hotels on the Royal Mile? Why not check out our section on hotel accommodation in central Edinburgh